Michigan-based Plinqit is an innovative FinTech company serving banks and credit unions across the country to easily and cost-effectively introduce new services for attracting and retaining customers. The Plinqit platform is the first savings app of its kind that pays users for engaging with content through its patented Build Skills™.
We thrive on collaboration and we recognize and reward team members for hard work. We believe in a healthy work-life balance. We value kindness and authenticity. For more information, visit info.plinqit.com.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Engineering Team Manager will support a team of highly effective A-team engineers while shaping and growing the team for the next phase of hyper-growth.
What you’ll do…
- Lead a group of talented engineers at all levels who in turn lead projects and initiatives.
- Support Plinqit leadership across the organization.
- Act as a servant leader to bring out the best in your team by removing barriers, fostering an inclusive environment, and coaching our people in their careers.
You will do this using your…
- 3+ years experience leading and growing software engineering teams with a history of developing highly available, scalable and robust services.
- Passion for improving the developer experience for the services you build.
- Empowerment of your team to stand on your shoulders by providing them with effective professional development plans.
- Willingness to dig in and work on implementing solutions alongside your team.
- You operate efficiently in ambiguous environments; able to pivot quickly.
- Taking the time to understand the core business model and make sense of the work your team does and how it fits into the company’s success.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that you leverage to align teams, groups, and customers.
- Strong software development background to build and extend our frameworks, understand our product APIs, and create the development roadmap to reach our vision.
- Methodical ability to troubleshoot performance issues in order to discover the root cause.
- Communication of performance results that are actionable to engineers and understood by executive leadership.
- Experience using Test-Driven Development
- Fluency in Agile methodologies
- Cloud experience (AWS preferred) and cloud automation tooling (Ansible, OpenShift, Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform etc.)
- Previous experience in the banking and/or financial technology industry is a plus.
- Working experience with SOC controls and PII data security best-practices is another plus to this role.
- You like using data to make decisions
You’ll love working here if you…
- You value collaboration, test-driven development, automation, data-driven decisions, and mentoring.
- Communicate directly with honesty and respect
- Are relentless in execution
- Think like an owner
- You know that your team’s success is your success.
It will be the best job you’ve ever had because…
- Your work will directly impact the company operates
- You will share products that are making a difference in peoples’ lives
- You will collaborate with amazing people
- You will be rewarded and recognized for your work by your peers and leaders
- You will enjoy tremendous career growth opportunities